More than eight out of ten marketers are now using Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to raise brand awareness, build communities and drive sales, and a full one third of these professionals invest 11 or more hours each and every week into their social marketing efforts.
Where are marketers targeting their resources, and what are the benefits?
Social Media Examiner’s latest Social Media Marketing Industry Report, surveyed over 3,800 marketers on how they’re using social media in 2012. Key findings:
- 83 percent of marketers say that social media is important for their business
- 40 percent of marketers want to know how to measure social media ROI
- 30 percent of businesses are outsourcing some portion of their social media marketing (up from 28 percent in 2011)
- More than half of all marketers spend 6 hours or more each week using social media, while a third invest 11 or more hours
- 70 percent of marketers are learning more about Google+,
- Top five social networks/tools are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogs and YouTube in that order
- Top three benefits of social media marketing: generating more business exposure, increasing traffic and providing marketplace insight