According to the ExactTarget Marketers from Mars study, 33% of consumers want marketers to invest more in email, 24% want marketers to invest in the brand’s website, and 22% of consumers want marketers to invest in creating a better Facebook experience.
Consumers are moving from single channel interactions into multi-channel relationships… the study provides… insight into consumer expectations… to avoid the pitfalls of personal biases or becoming a ‘focus group of one’… “
Key findings of the research show that, with regard to Email:
– 45% of marketers prefer to interact with brands on email compared to 36% of consumers with a smartphone, and 49% of consumers who do not own a smartphone
– 93% of marketers and 49% of consumers have made a purchase as a direct result of an email marketing message
– 93% of consumers subscribe to at least one brand’s email, remaining consistent compared to 2010
With regard to Facebook:
– 21% of marketers prefer to interact with brands on Facebook compared to 31% of consumers with a smartphone and 26% of consumers who do not own a smartphone, making it the second most common place both marketers and consumers look to connect with brands online
– 58% of consumers have “Liked” a brand on Facebook, a 20% increase since 2010
– 41% of marketers report they have made a purchase as the result of a message they saw on Facebook, compared to 21% of consumers
With regard to Twitter:
Among those actively using Twitter, 58% of marketers and 46% of consumers follow brands to receive advanced notice about new products
– 61% of marketers Follow at least one brand on Twitter
– 12% of consumers Follow a brand on Twitter, a 7% increase since 2010
No time? No resources? Not sure where to start?
Outsource to BersonDeanStevens. Contact Lori 877-447-0134, x111.
Marketing Made Easy!